Purpose and Priorities
This working group is currently reviewing its priorities. Areas of particular interest are:
- Diagnostic tools and methodologies for schistosomiasis elimination as a public health problem and verification of transmission interruption.
- Snail Control through molluscicides, novel technologies and environmental management.
- Schistosomiasis morbidity markers, diagnosis and treatment in different at-risk groups including Female Genital Schistosomiasis, Male Genital Schistosomiasis.
- Schistosomiasis and HIV.
- Drug discovery and resistance.
- Areas not responding to treatment, also referred to as Hot-spot areas.
- Zoonotic aspect of schistosomiasis.
- The impact of migration of people on schistosomiasis epidemiology and how to address treatment access barriers for migrating peoples, including displaced, urban-rural migration, cross-border migration.
- Impact of climate change and emerging schistosomiasis,
- Minimizing negative impact of conflict and/or disease outbreaks on programmes & research activities
- Strengthening Information, Education and Communication (IEC) and trust in NTD health services in endemic countries
If you would like to be involved please email us: anouk [dot] gouvras [at] eliminateschisto [dot] org