Working Groups and Work Streams
GSA Working Groups
The Global Schistosomiasis Alliance (GSA) is an all-inclusive partnership to mobilise the growing momentum to eliminate schistosomiasis. It is constituted as a diverse but representative partnership of endemic country national programmes, academic and research institutions, international development agencies and foundations, international organizations, non-governmental development organizations, private sector companies and advocacy and resource mobilisations partners.
Working groups bring relevant experts and stakeholders together to produce tangible outputs addressing specific challenges or barriers to schistosomiasis elimination as identified in the GSA Schistosomiasis Action Plan and the GSA strategy 2022-2025. The working group outputs are aimed at accelerating progress towards the WHO roadmap goals and beyond.
GSA Working Group members are committed to:
- respect the autonomy of each partner and member of the GSA
- remain open to everyone who shares the vital interest and competence in schistosomiasis control and elimination
- optimize GSA members’ capabilities
- share a commitment to communication, negotiation, action, reflection, and impact
- remain action-oriented
- promote transparency in decision making
- promote efficient and effective governance
- encourage cross-sectoral and integrated approaches
- liaise with other NTD alliances and coalitions and learn lessons from their experiences