Open WHO | Neglected Tropical Diseases Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
The monitoring and evaluating framework for progress of the road map for NTDs 2021-2030.
In course 1 and 2 you learned about the road map for neglected tropical diseases for 2021–2030 and the Sustainability framework which puts NTDs programmes on the track to sets global targets and milestones to control, eliminate or eradicate 20 diseases and disease groups. You also learned about the cross-cutting targets aligned with both WHO’s Thirteenth General Programme of Work and the Sustainable Development Goals, with strategies for achieving the targets during the next decade.
In this course, you will be introduced to the second companion document to the road map, the framework for monitoring and evaluating progress against the road map targets, also called, the M&E framework. The M&E framework aims to facilitate tracking of progress against set goals while enabling course corrections to be made whereever necessary.
Course duration: Approximately 3 hours
Certificates: A Record of Achievement certificate will be available to participants who score at least 80% in the final assessment. Participants who receive a Record of Achievement can also download an Open Badge for this course.
- Module 1: Introduction to the M&E framework:
- Module 2: Conceptual framework and shifts guiding monitoring and evaluation:
- Module 3: Quantitative approach to monitoring of the road map:
- Module 4: Qualitative approach to monitoring of the road map:
- Module 5: Evaluation of progress towards the Road Map :
- Module 6: Looking Forward Research agenda for M&E:
- Final Assessment
- Additional Resources
Access the course, and other OpenWHO courses here.