Online lecture series on NTDs
This series provides a unique, up to date, and authoritative overview of Neglected Tropical Diseases in both the individual diseases and the cross cutting issues, such as Water and Sanitation and community roles, for the teaching and benefit of researchers, students, and staff in pharmaceutical companies, research institutions, and development organisations.
HSTalks is pleased to grant unrestricted complimentary access to all lectures in the series Neglected Tropical Diseases. Persons not at a subscribing institution should sign up for a personal account.
Part 1 - Introduction and Control
- Introduction to neglected tropical diseases Introduction to neglected tropical diseases. Prof. David Molyneux, CMG - Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
- Eradication, elimination and control of neglected tropical diseases. Prof. David Molyneux, CMG - Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
- Embedding neglected tropical disease programs in national health systems: the Ghanaian experience. Prof. Margaret Gyapong - University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ghana
- Neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) and vector control. Prof. Charles Wondji - Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
- Importance of communities in neglected tropical disease programmes. Dr. Alison Krentel - Bruyere Research Institute and University of Ottawa, Canada
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) for the prevention and care of NTDs. Ms. Yael Velleman - The Schistosomiasis Control Initiative, UK
- NTD-related disease management, disability and Inclusion (DMDI). Dr. Wim H van Brakel - NTD NGO Network, Netherlands
- The role of non-governmental organisations in NTD programmes. Mr. Simon Bush -Sightsavers, Ghana
Part 2 - Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Mycobacterium ulcerans disease: Buruli Ulcer . Prof. Richard Odame Phillips - Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana
- Dengue: biology, diagnosis and pathology. Emeritus Prof. Duane J. Gubler - Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore
- Dengue: epidemiology, prevention and control. Emeritus Prof. Duane J. Gubler - Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore
- Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) 1: the parasite, vector, disease and treatment. Dr. Adrian Hopkins, MBE - Consultant, former Director Mectizan Donation Programme, UK
- Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) 2: control and elimination. Dr. Adrian Hopkins, MBE - Consultant, former Director Mectizan Donation Programme, UK
- Schistosomiasis. Prof. Russel Stothard. Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK - In production
- Guinea worm: a case study of an eradication programme. Prof. David Molyneux, CMG - Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK.
- Overview of trachoma Part 1. Dr. Paul Emerson - International Trachoma Initiative, USA
- Overview of trachoma Part 2. Dr. Paul Emerson - International Trachoma Initiative, USA
- Eliminating human rabies deaths. Prof. Sarah Cleaveland, OBE, FRS - University of Glasgow, UK - In production
- The human african trypanosomiases. Prof. Susan Welburn. University of Edinburgh, UK. In production
- Chagas disease, Prof. Peter Hotez. Baylor College of Medicine, USA.
- Food borne trematodes. Prof. Russel Stothard -Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK. In production
- Yaws: trends and challenges on the verge of eradication . Prof. Oriol Mitja - University of Barcelona, Spain - In production
- Tropical snakebite Tropical snakebite. Prof. Robert Harrison - Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
- Introduction to podoconiosis Introduction to podoconiosis. Prof. Gail Davey - Brighton and Sussex Medical School, UK
- Loiasis – African eye worm Loiasis – African eye worm - In production