Schisto Bulletin February Edition
18 Feb 2019
February's edition of the Schisto Bulletin:
- Countries are successfully reaching more and more people in need of treatment
- WASH-NTD Toolkit available now!
- Africa leaders review progress on NTDs at African Union Summit.
- Schistosomiasis control programmes:
- Cameroon launched their 2019 Deworming Campaign for Schistosomiasis and Soil-transmitted helminths
- The Kenyan Ministry of Health launched the Breaking Transmission Strategy for 4 NTDs (soil-transmitted helminths, schistosomiasis, lymphatic filariasis and trachoma)
- Other News:
- Point-of-Care (POC) Circulating Cathodic Antigen (CCA) thresholds for S. mansoni mapping, control and surveillance programmes.
- The Royal Society for Tropical Medicine and Hygiene has launched a funding programme for early career researchers
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has launched a Grand Challenges funding call for an NTD Data Innovation Incubator
Access the Schisto Bulletin via the box on the right.
GSA Schisto Bulletin