GSA Schisto Bulletin June Edition
12 Jun 2020
June's edition of the GSA Schisto Bulletin includes:
- GSA network Covid-19 impact and response.
- Newly established Snail molecular research workstream.
- Launch of the ISNTD Connect GSA Webinar Series.
- Derick Osakunor's webinar on "Schistosomiasis treatment gaps hinder elimination efforts: a current perspective"
- Christina Faust's blog on "What’s age got to do with it? Age gaps in schistosomiasis control."
- GSA celebrates Prof Daniel G. Colley and his upcoming retirement.
- Save the date for the WHO webinar on the 17th of June: Neglected Tropical Diseases and COVID-19: Why we need the new NTD Roadmap more than ever.
- A Devex interview with with Ellen Agler, the CEO of The END Fund on the impact of the pandemic on NTD programmes.
Sightsavers report shows how NTD programme could help fight COVID-19 in Africa.
- WHO NTD related interim guidance on COVID-19.
- ILEP and NNN launch Guides on Stigma and Mental Wellbeing.
- Sightsavers and partners online hub to support charities’ safeguarding.
- IDDO call for feedback on its draft Research Agenda on schistosomiasis and soil-transmitted helminthiases (STHs) until July 17.
- TDR call for expressions of interest for 2021 membership to the Scientific and Technical Advisory Committee. Deadline 30th fof June.
- Youth Combating NTDs survey to understand NTD knowldge among the youth.
- Job opportunities and upcoming meetings and events and more.