COR NTD 2019 Annual Meeting Report and Outputs
The Coalition for Operational Research on Neglected Tropical Diseases (COR-NTD) is a group of researchers, program implementers and their in-country partners with the shared goal of optimizing NTD control and elimination. It is coordinated by the Neglected Tropical Diseases Support Center, which is funded at The Task Force for Global Health primarily by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, by the United States Agency for International Development through its Neglected Tropical Diseases Program, and with UK aid from the British people. The aim of COR-NTD is to create new synergies within the operational research arena for NTDs and align that research with specific program needs.
The 2019 annual meeting of the Coalition for Operational Research on Neglected Tropical Diseases (COR-NTD) was held November 18 & 19, 2019. The key discussion points, knowledge gaps, and recommended next steps identified by the participants of the 24 breakout sessions are available to downoad here or on the COR NTD website.
- 1A: Accelerating the Elimination of LF using IDA- Lessons Learned from Early Adopters
- 1B: Entomology for Onchocerciasis- Current Guidelines and Gaps
- 1C: Eradicating Trachoma by 2030?
- 1D: The Road to 2030- Country Perspectives on the Role of Drug Donations beyond 2020
- 1E: Preventive Chemotherapy against Leprosy- Results to Date, Challenges and Solutions
- 1F: Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission- Scaling Up Access to Eliminate Chagas Disease
- 1G: Diagnostic Needs for Meeting the WHO New NTD Roadmap Goals of 2030
- 1H: Approaches to Maximizing the Influence of Implementation Research on NTD Policy and Programming
- 2A: Alternative Surveillance and Response Strategies for Lymphatic Filariasis Elimination
- 2B: Ethics and Algorithms- The Way Forward for Onchocerciasis Elimination in Loa loa Endemic Areas
- 2C: Alternative methods for assessing attainment of the trichiasis target for elimination of trachoma as a public health problem
- 2D: Assessment of Schistosomiasis and Trachoma Distribution in Urban Areas for Targeted Intervention
- 2E: Innovative, Integrated and Standardized Approaches in Mapping IDM Diseases
- 2F: Digital Tools for Morbidity Management and Disability Prevention
- 2G: New Diagnostics for NTDs- Harnessing Advancements to Support Surveillance and Elimination Goals
- 2H: Using a Systems Approach to Improve Effectiveness of MDA with PC-NTDs
- 3A: Turning Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) Survey Failures into Success
- 3B: Supporting Countries to Generate High-quality NTD Prevalence Data
- 3C: Trachoma Surveillance- Are Countries Prepared to Sustain Elimination Gains?
- 3D: Optimizing Focal Interventions for Schistosomiasis
- 3E: Driving towards 2030 goals for HAT and VL- Accelerating Progress and Indicators of Continued Success
- 3F: Enhanced Case Detection and Skin NTDs
- 3G: Exploring the Potential of Integrated Serological Surveillance Platforms in Elimination Settings