Launch event | UTC | 100% Committed
On Thursday 27 January 2022, ahead of World NTD Day on 30th January, Uniting To Combat NTDs will host a high-level event to celebrate 10 years of the London Declaration; launch the 100% Committed campaign to ending NTDs; and, kick off endorsements and commitments for the Kigali Declaration on NTDs.
The 100% Committed campaign brings together governments, parliamentarians, mayors, local leaders, as well as continental and regional bodies, and private sector partners, donors, research institutions, non-governmental organizations and youth to show they are 100% Committed to ending NTDs and achieving the WHO’s ambitious target of 100 countries eliminating an NTD by 2030.
Speakers for the launch on the 27th of January 2022 include:
- Dr. Édouard Ngirente, Prime Minister, Rwanda
- H.E. Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, President of Nigeria
- H.E. Samia Suluhu Hassan, President of Tanzania
- H.E. James Marape, Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea
- Professor Sir Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer, United Kingdom