The Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) Virtual Conference: Addressing Critical Gaps in Global Health and Development is held 12-14 March 2021, with Satellite Sessions 1-11 March 2021.
Plenaries and Keynotes
Plenaries and Keynotes will be live presentations by experts and changemakers in Global Health. They will have the opportunity for live discussion and to answer questions from the audience submitted synchronously or asynchronously before, during and after the presentation.
Breakout Sessions and Panels
Breakout panel slide presentations will be pre-recorded and edited by the conference team to be shared at the conference at a scheduled time. After the recorded presentation plays, panelists will engage in live discussion and Q&A. Panelists will also be able to answer questions asynchronously through the platform’s messaging system.
These sessions are opportunities for global health organizations and institutions from around the world to delve in-depth into a number of global health issues through 3 or 6 hour virtual sessions recorded and shared on the conference website between March 1-11 before the conference begins. These recordings will be open access and shared widely.
The virtual platform allows for these features to be used during your satellite session to maximize collaboration and learning:
- Group discussion with a facilitator/moderator
- Breakout rooms in zoom assigned by topic (less than 25 attendees)
- Breakout rooms in zoom randomized (more than 25 attendees)
- Utilize zoom features such as “whiteboard” or polling
- Live Q&A with a moderator
- Synchronous and asynchronous chat
- 1 on 1 meetings in zoom rooms (planned ahead of time)
Poster presenters will be able to share their research and answer questions on our exciting dynamic and interactive platform with the following features:
- High resolution poster PDF upload
- Poster explanation recordings through video or audio
- Asynchronous messaging to answer attendee questions
- Top scoring poster abstracts will be entered in the Lancet Global Health-CUGH Poster Contest
Exhibitors and Sponsors
Sponsor logos will be visible across the platform, before and after sessions, and during any breaks.
Exhibitors on our dynamic virtual platform will have visibility and be able to engage attendees through the following features:
- Exhibitor logo in our Virtual Exhibit Hall linked to your Exhibitor Page
- Links to Institution/Program's website, promotional materials, and documents
- Institution/Program description
- Meeting scheduler to meet with attendees by video or call (on your preferred platform)
- Asynchronous or synchronous messaging