Purpose and Priorities
This working group is currently reviewing its priorities. Areas of particular interest are:
- Diagnostic tools and methodologies for schistosomiasis elimination as a public health problem and verification of transmission interruption.
- Snail Control through molluscicides, novel technologies and environmental management.
- Schistosomiasis morbidity, diagnosis and treatment in different at-risk groups including Female Genital Schistosomiasis, Male Genital Schistosomiasis.
- Schistosomiasis and HIV.
- Areas not responding to treatment, also referred to as Hot-spot areas.
- Zoonotic aspect of schistosomiasis.